This month’s WedEclectic giveaway is hosted by
Just look at keepsake flowers she creates! If you are looking for a way to make your wedding unique, her shop would be an ideal place to look for possibilities!
For brides’ and grooms’ floral accessories…and she caters to same sex wedding couples!
Her stunning bridal sashes are certainly “Statement” pieces!
She creates flowers and veils for your hair as well!
Krissy is offering shoe clips for this month’s giveaway…a $35 value!
This giveaway will run until midnight, August 31st, but don’t wait!
Entries will be accepted for:
Commenting, including your favorite item from MakeBelieveN‘s shop.
Commenting that you hearted MakeBelieveN‘s Etsy shop (and your Etsy name for verification).
Commenting that you follow MakeBelieveN (@MakeBelieveN) on Twitter (and your twitter name for verification).
Commenting that you friended MakeBelieveN on Facebook (and your FB page for verification).
Follow @WedEclectic on Twitter.
Friend WedEclectic on Facebook.
Tweeted this giveaway (please copy your tweet here).
Posted this giveaway on your Facebook page (please copy your post here).
Posted this giveaway on your blog (please include the link here).
Posted this giveaway on a wedding/social network (please include the link here).
The giveaway is open worldwide. Includes 1st class postage in US. International postage is the responsibility of the winner.
The winner will be chosen randomly, verified, and contacted on September 1st via email with the good news!
Photo from: http://fusepilates.com/blog/2011/07/a-fuse-pilates-bride-to-be/biceps-wedding-camerabag/
So little time so many options! Okay so I’ve struggled with my weight for YEARS and recently (in the past 6 months) I think I’ve figured it out. You know they say that diet and exercise are the answers…well, guess what…they’re right. I’ve been steady losing inches because of this:
Biggest keys to success with and exercise/diet plan:
1) Tell everyone. The more people you tell the more accountable you will be. Join Weight Watchers or some similar group based weight loss challenge.
2) Set a reasonable goal. If your wedding is only six months away you should realize now that a 1/2-2lb loss per week, a total of (13-52lbs) is all that you will get. Yes unfortunately the 1/2lb will happen far more than you expect. But…
3) Weigh yourself infrequently. The scale lies!!!! Your body composition is FAR more important than a number. Measure and weight yourself on day one. Don’t do this again for a month (the water weight fluctuations will kill your motivation). Repeat every month if you really want to but if you follow the following guide it won’t be necessary.
4)Learn about weight loss and diet. Brainwash yourself with Pinterest and Google. Like every fitness chick or guy you enjoy on facebook. Bombard your brain with it and it will be near impossible to forget about. You will also see a trend that the ‘trendy’ diets are crap.
5) Exercise every day….what!!!??? Yep I said it. I take a day now and then to veg but truly once you start going you will find that your body craves the action..daily. I strength train three times a week and run three times a week (Using the couch to 5k app on my phone). The seventh day…could be running or walking or swimming with my kiddo or…any fricking thing.
6) Don’t do it half way. The first few weeks is going to suck. BIG. You will be sore. You will be tired. You will wonder why you are so hungry you want to eat the shelves out of the refrigerator. Don’t worry all of this will pass by about week 5-6. Commit. NOW. Then find every way to stay motivated (see previous note about brainwashing).
7) My success has been with Paleo eating. Google it. I promise that this is not as hard as it sounds. You will get used to it quickly. The biggest challenge is not being lazy in the preparation department. Have your meals and snacks on hand. Tote a cooler around with you if necessary. Don’t cheat with crap carbs. It will totally derail your progress. (side note here…I eat dark chocolate. Life would not be worth living to me without it. Decide for yourself if eating dark chocolate makes you fall of the bandwagon or not)
8) Stay as far away from wheat and sugar as you can. Bad carbs are wheat and sugar based. I’m not telling you to go Atkins here. I’m saying, read Wheat Belly by Dr. William Davis (http://www.wheatbellyblog.com/) it will make you cringe away from bread and muffins. Eat fruit, eat sweet potatoes but don’t eat that breakfast blueberry muffin (otherwise known as cake).
Good luck lovelies!!
From Krissy’s kitchen (of MakeBelieve’N).
This year I learned that I have a pretty severe gluten allergy so joining in on the cake eating festivities would literally harm me 🙂 How about a ‘shot’ instead?!
Wedding Cake Shot
Mix in a pitcher ahead of time, just a one to one ratio. Serve instead of cake maybe???
Or serve it with club soda and make a bubbly signature drink.
(Photo from MarthaStewart.com)
Welcome to the WedEclectic Offbeat Interview Series! Here, we invite you to absolutely pay attention to (wo)man behind the curtain. And lucky you because they are all amazing artisans making amazing things in their fabulous shops.
Today, we’re chatting with Krissy Cartwright, Atlanta based owner of Make Believe’N Alternative Weddings LLC and captain of the wonderfully offbeat WedEclectic team on Etsy.
How did you come up with your shop name?
My shop name came from my theory that we should be the most authentic people we can be. No make believin’ to fit someone else’s ideal version of you or your wedding. Being able to fill my days designing and daydreaming about ways to buck wedding traditions is awesome!
And what exactly are these tradition-bucking designs?
I take high quality fabrics and embellishments and transform them into personalized keepsake bouquets and accessories. Each flower is individually handcrafted out of satin, chiffon, organza, crepe, and tulle, and centered with any embellishment that can be imagined. My desire to create non-traditional wedding bouquets and accessories has enriched and fulfilled my life in ways I never could have imagined. My “art” allows me to focus on the style and personality of my clients. Every custom order is a window into a life I never would have known otherwise.
How’d you get started?
A few years ago I started making hair doodads for a friend and the business snowballed from there.
Who would you say has had the most influence over your craft?
Etsy has influenced my work profoundly. Finding the right niche, and building my shop all came from learning from Etsy admins and my fellow Etsians.
What is your favorite wedding trend (now or past)?
Unique and quirky wedding details that represent the couple instead of the masses.
What would you like to see at more weddings?
I would love to see more programs that give additional background on the couple…how they met, favorite foods/songs, etc.
Which celebrity would you like to see sporting your designs?
If I had to choose a celebrity to work with it would be someone eclectic…a Katy Perry maybe.
A woman should always carry…?
Women should always carry a cell phone. Keeps you safe and connected with those you love.
What is your unicorn – that is, what is an object or skill that has eluded you so far?
My unicorn…so many things, but the biggest is web/graphic design. Just ticks me off that I don’t have a clue how to do this!!!
If you are interested in bucking a few traditions of your own, Krissy is at your service. Feel free to browse her shop on Etsy for a gallery of her offbeat designs, ready to purchase or to serve as inspiration for your custom order. You can also find her on Twitter and Facebook.
Interview by Janice J. Bear of Never a Plain Jane Designs